2010 Bike Route

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31st - Training Day

Today started with the final preparation of my bike - adding the Cateye computer to see how far I ride, adding the rear light and seat bag (just waiting on the handlebar bag), and oiling up my Brooks leather saddle!


I was able to head out of town around 4 pm with the expectation that my ride will take about two hours. My commute will consist of traveling on the Huckleberry Trail through Blacksburg to the neighboring town of Christiansburg. From there I am able to hop on part of the TransAmerica Trail near Mud Pike Road in Christiansburg. The final stretch of my ride is on Dry Valley Road (near Radford, VA) to Graysontown Road.



All in all it was a great first ride - traveled about 28 miles with an average speed somewhere around 15 mph and hit a max speed of 37 mph! When I got home, Salli had a new half gallon of chocolate milk waiting and a plethora of energy snacks to try out on future rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment