2010 Bike Route

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6th - Training Day

Today I decided to do my first morning training ride (still a little tired from Salli's MS defense party last night). I was able to get out of the house around 7:15 am and ride my typical 28 mile commute to Blacksburg. The name of the game this morning was safety - the ride was foggy to start so I got to make good use of my front/rear lights and a new super-neon yellow cycling jacket (thanks Mom & Dad!):


The ride went well and by the time I arrived in Blacksburg I had already shed the long sleeve jacket (though the sleeves do zip off) because the fog had burned away and the temperature was steadily rising.

On a side note, I am still trying to get used to riding with a helmet mirror. This morning was the third ride with the new mirror, and I find myself able to glance at it and actually recognize what is in the reflection. The first ride I was almost distracted by the fact that I can now "see" what is behind me (no match for a rear view mirror in a car). It is still much safer than riding without one!

No comments:

Post a Comment