Our plan to beat the heat worked! We arrived in Carbondale, IL much earlier in the afternoon after completing 90 miles - 3.5 of those miles I spent heading the wrong way with some folks until we turned around :(. Carbondale is kind of like Blacksburg in that we get a rest day here and many people on our team are from Carbondale, including: route leader Joe Ferrell, Geordie Dye, Brian Green, Seth Milam, Colin Schmidt, and Alex Pearlman.
Our Carbondae Party started at Seth Milan's parents house as we arrived to a pool and cold beer (delicious Fat Tire!). After hanging around for a bit, I departed to downtown Carbondale to get my bike worked on and head to dinner at Thai Taste on Main Street. Post dinner, we had a party scheduled at Tres Hombres downtown.
(Caleb King honoring the Carbondale Statue)
The bar party included a free keg of Bud Light provided so the cyclists could enjoy a cold beer. Some of the parents from Carbondale made us fancy T-shirts that say welcome to Carbondale and Bike the US for MS 2010. We all looked like an uber-coordinated group at the bar!

On a side note, I stopped proof reading my blog entries about a week ago so I apologize if the spelling or grammar quality has taken a hit! There are too many things to do in my typical nightly routine to spend the extra 30 seconds proof reading!!


No comments:
Post a Comment