Our lunch stop was in Draper, VA home to part of the New River Trail where I have done a little biking and hanging around. I ate two delicious bbq sandwiches, a moon pie, and some more snacks. I tried to make a concious effort to eat more food today as I may have lost a pound or two in the first week. This involves eating more cheaper junkfood and trying to get some big meals within my budget!

The second half of our trip today was a little bit more cumbersome as I was a bit slower after having a rest day. My legs had relaxed a little bit and it was tough to push through some of the hills late in our 84 mile ride. We ended the ride in Rural Retreat, VA and are camping at a beautiful park with a lake and nice camp sites. Hopefully I will be able to get a good night of sleep before tackling some huge hills/mountains tomorrow as we ride over Hayter's Gap.


The internet is super slow down near this lake in the holler so I will not be able to upload and pictures - I will try to back-load them tomorrow! All in all, at least there is still a blog post right?!?


Can't wait to hear your account of Hayter's Gap- it certainly feels nothing like a "gap" when you're battling the 1000th switchback.
ReplyDelete