I awoke feeling a little drowsy and wiped that away with a can of Mountain Lighting (a Wal-Mart special) and some freshly baked pancakes by our fearless leader Don - even some blueberry pancakes!
I hit the road with Joe Ferrell this morning only to continue climbing through the Ozarks - by this afternoon I felt like we were pretty much done with mountain climbing and will most likely only find rolling hills, etc. until we hit the flat lands of Kansas (a light at the end of the tunnel!!). Along our ride this morning we found a sweet fire tower and I took the time to check out the view - I came to discover that Joe is afraid of heights, although he did make it up about 3-4 flights of stairs.


We continued to roll through some fairly steep hills this afternoon and made a conscious effort to limit our stop times to as few minutes as possible. This allowed us to keep our time on the bike to a minimum and beat the heat! The heat index today was not nearly as bad as yesterday and we were able to finish up the ride around 3 pm to get out of the sun. We are currently hanging out at the Wright County Public Library and the Courthouse - planning to camp in basically the town square! This afternoon we were joined by a fellow named James Rupe who hosted the team last year - unfortunately, we are not staying in his home town this year, but he met us today to ride into Hartville.

Today ended with a delicious milkshake and some french fries at a local diner before I plan to cook up a mini-feast. I am actually fairly full as I made an effort to eat a lot of food today - I am slowly growing sick of Power/Cliff Bars as many others on the team have expressed the same viewpoint.
Our newest YouTube video has been posted if you didn't check out the link yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment