2010 Bike Route

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 36 - Pueblo, Co to Cotopaxi, CO - 82 mi

Everyone awoke after a refreshing two nights in the hotel room. Many of the group slept 4 to a room and got to know some of the others on the team a little better after sharing beds!

Today's ride was pretty long/dry, but through some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. One of the few things that I can compare it to is the desert of Utah when I traveled to Moab and southern Utah. I think we will have this scenery for a while!!! :) :) :)

Short of that, we had a long day because most of the group didn't leave Pueblo until around 11 am and we had 82 miles to cover. On top of that, the second 30 miles of the trip (from 30-60) involved climbing around 4000 ft in elevation. This definitely slowed us down, but it was breathtaking.

In lieu of trying to explain the ride and scenery I will just post a few pictures which are supposedly worth a 1000 words (and it is also late at night!)







1 comment: